Competition Guidelines & Schedule
Project Tutu is a Tutu Design Competition modeled after the famed "Project Runway." It is sponsored by Tutu.com and the USA-International Ballet Competition (USA-IBC) Jackson, MS. Amateur and professional Tutu-makers from all over the world are invited to compete for the prizes and be featured in the renowned Project Tutu Fashion Show. For an inside peek at the event, read Pointe Magazine's Inside Project Tutu: 11 Designers Compete to Build the Perfect Tutu…in Just 3 Days. Learn about past winners and other informative article in our Project Tutu Blog.
Project Tutu Competition Entry Guidelines:
- Those competing must already know how to make a classical tutu. You will need to bring your own sewing machine. All materials will be supplied by Tutu.Com. You can bring trims, laces, appliques and rhinestones, to add to the shared-by-all-competitors pile. You cannot bring any embellishments that are not shared by all.
- Complete our Registration Form below and pay a non-refundable entry fee of $200.
- Don't delay! Limited to 12 competitors.
Project Tutu Competition Schedule:
- Monday, June 19, 2023 11-1pm: Registration. Turn in trims/embellishments for sharing pile. Models will have a fitting for other tutus to be shown in the fashion show.
- Monday, June 19, 2023 1-2pm: Meet fellow competitors and your models, go over rules, pick up kits.
- Monday, June 19, 2023 2-9pm: Competition begins. Models will meet with their designer to have measurements taken.
- Tuesday, June 20, 2023 7am-9pm: Competition continues.
- Tuesday, June 20, 2023 Afternoon TBD: Models will have fittings with designers.
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023 7am-2pm: Competition continues. Fitting with Dancer/Model.
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023 2-4pm: Final adjustments to tutus on models. Prepare for fashion show.
- Thursday, June 22, 2023 1:30pm: Project Tutu Fashion Show, Reception and Awards
- View USA-IBC Tutu.com Calendar.
Prizes:First Place - $1000 Cash Prize
Second Place - $500 Gift Certificate from Tutu.com
Third Place - $250 Gift Certificate from Tutu.com
All winners will be featured on the Tutu.Com Facebook page and website.
We will review your entry and may request additional photos or information. You will receive an email confirmation of your entry and will be sent an invoice to pay your $200 entry fee due upon registration.
We're excited to review your creations!
Please allow a few seconds for the form to load...
TutuSchools.com | Tutu.com
Claudia Folts, Event Organizer