Aurora Tutu - Tutu.com Design Doherty
You Dream it. We Create it.
This Custom Classical Tutu with 12-piece, Russian-style, Longline Bodice was made using many products available through Tutu.com. Design team for this beautiful tutu was headed up by our Shop Manager, Summer Collins. All of our custom designs feature various embellishments that are either purchased or custom-made specifically for each particular design.
It is important to us that each custom design client gets something special, made with the energy and personality of that particular dancer in mind. Keeping that thought at the forefront of our minds, Tutu.com’s creative team works hard to get to know our clients through emails, phone conversations, exchanging pictures of tutus the client likes and does not like, and sending out various fabric samples and ruffled nets and tulles. All of this allows us to get to know our client’s personality.
Keep in mind, this level of personal attention takes time. Be sure to allow six to eight weeks minimum when ordering a fully embellished, one-of-a-kind tutu. We strive to always remember that you, the dancer, are the star of the show, not the tutu. Our job is to be a part of YOUR creative team, working towards making your performance the best in every way possible.
We are very happy to share with you the exact materials we used to create our designs. However, keeping in mind our commitment to give each client a one-of-a-kind masterpiece, we keep some secrets regarding how we put those materials together, or where we purchased/how we made the special embellishments, etc. that are not sold through Tutu.com.
Miss Doherty’s “Aurora” started with a mix of tutu nets and tulles from our vast collection. Products listed below were used in it's design or are recommended substitutes or options.
- The Bodice was a custom-dyed light European Pink (peachy) brocade, no longer available, however Pale Pink Brocade with Gold Metallic Accent SKU 620-1000-065052 is a great substitute and would work very well!
- Bodice lining fabric used is Coutil, a herringbone-weave, 100% cotton fabric. 60 IN White Coutil SKU 560-0150-114060
- 12-piece Russian-style Longline Bodice Pattern by Claudia Folts SKU 220-109
- Steel Spiral Boning and Bone Casing were used in the bodice, as was our Invisible Mesh Elastic. Buttons and Buttonhole Elastic were used to attach the bodice to the tutu. All can be found in Notions.
- This tutu is made in the English/European tradition. It has twelve layers of net and tulle with a 3/8-inch, plastic-coated hoopwire SKU 985-9044-114038 in a casing in a middle row.
- The Basque was a custom-dyed light European Pink (peachy) brocade, no longer available, however Pale Pink Brocade with Gold Metallic Accent SKU 620-1000-065052 is a great substitute and would work very well!
- Rosette Tutu Net SKU 590-4000-065054
- Peach Tulle SKU 590-6000-092054
- Panty or “knicker” fabric used was 100% nylon Heavy Powernet SKU 560-0693-114036. The powernet was custom-dyed in our shop to match the Rosette Tutu Net.
- Adult Standard Classical Tutu Panty Pattern by Claudia Folts SKU 220-1330-000001
- Czech sew-on AB Crystal rhinestones and Swarovski 20ss and 30ss Light Colorado Topaz, AB Light Rose, and AB Crystal rhinestones, both hot fix and flat-back glue on.
- Scalloped Gold Metallic Trim SKU 530-7173-048058 and Gold Metallic SKU 530-2000-009985.
- The gold “trim” embellishing the plate was made from appliqués no longer available. However, the bodice embellishment started with Bright Gold Venise Lace Applique SKU 340-0411-190000 which could easily be cut apart to create your own one-of-a-kind trim.
- In-stock appliqués that would look good with this tutu include Gold Metallic SKU 530-2000-007337, Light Gold Lace SKU 340-2000-052058 or Gold Metallic Lace Pairs SKU 340-0025-045000.
JUMP TO NAVIGATION