Faerie Princess - Tutu.com Design
You Dream it. We Create it.
This Classical Faerie Princess Rental Tutu with custom-designed, 10-piece, diagonal-seamed, European-style Bodice is part of Tutu.com’s rental inventory. It was made using many products available through Tutu.com. All of our custom designs feature various embellishments that are either purchased or custom-made specifically for each particular design.
It is important to us that each custom design client, as well as our rental clients, get something special, made with the energy and personality of that particular dancer in mind. Keeping that thought at the forefront of our minds, Tutu.com’s creative team works hard to get to know our clients through emails, phone conversations, exchanging pictures of tutus the client likes and does not like, and sending out various fabric samples and ruffled nets and tulles. All of this allows us to get to know our client’s personality, whether they are buying a custom design or renting one from our in-stock inventory. If commissioned well-in advance, we are even able to custom-make a tutu for rental. In this case, rental fees are higher than our normal $150 per week, but the client is getting a tutu made to her measurements at a much lower price than the cost of buying a custom-made tutu.
Keep in mind, this level of personal attention takes time. For a custom-built, new rental, orders must be placed at least three months in advance of when the costume is needed. Regular rental stock can be ordered at any time, but keep in mind that certain busy times of year, they tend to be snapped up early (Sugar Plums at Nutcracker time, for example).
Be sure to allow six to eight weeks minimum when ordering a fully embellished, one-of-a-kind tutu for purchase. We strive to always remember that you, the dancer, are the star of the show, not the tutu. Our job is to be a part of YOUR creative team, working towards making your performance the best in every way possible.
We are very happy to share with you the exact materials we used to create our designs. However, keeping in mind our commitment to give each client, whether purchasing or renting, a one-of-a-kind masterpiece, we keep some secrets regarding how we put those materials together, or where we purchased/how we made the special embellishments, etc. that are not sold through Tutu.com.
Our “Faerie Princess” tutu started with a mix of tutu nets and sparkly tulles from our vast collection. Products listed below were used in this design or are recommended substitutes or options.
- The Bodice is a gorgeous, pale European Pink (peachy) brocade, no longer available, however Pale Pink Brocade with Gold Metallic Accent SKU 620-1000-065052 is a great substitute and would work very well, as would European Pink and Metallic Gold Sku 630-2646-065054.
- Bodice lining fabric used is Coutil, a herringbone-weave, 100% cotton fabric. 60 IN White Coutil SKU 560-0150-114060
- 10-piece, diagonal-seamed, European-style Bodice Pattern by Tutu.com is currently used for custom design work and not yet commercialized. It is made in the European style, with a point center front and a low, rounded back. However, if you are interested in this pattern design, the shop can customize one to needed measurements. Call us at 877-888-8266 or 704-519-4771 for more information about custom pattern work.
- Steel Spiral Boning and Bone Casing were used in the bodice, as was our Invisible Mesh Elastic and cotton cording. Buttons and Buttonhole Elastic were used to attach the bodice to the tutu. All can be found in Notions.
- This tutu is made in the English/European tradition. It has twelve layers of net and sparkle tulle with a 3/8-inch, plastic-coated hoopwire in a casing in a middle row SKU 985-9044-114038. In order to complete the shading we envisioned, we used Design Master Tint It lightly, on the lower to middle layers.
- The Basque was the same, gorgeous, pale European Pink (peachy) brocade, no longer available, however Pale Pink Brocade with Gold Metallic Accent SKU 620-1000-065052 is a great substitute and would work very well, as would European Pink and Metallic Gold Sku 630-2646-065054.
- Rosette Tutu Net Sku 590-4000-065054 lowest layers, mixed with Peach w/Gold Enhanced Sparkle Tulle Sku 590-9000-054054 in every other layer.
- Ivory Tutu Net Sku 590-4000-055054 for 54-inch, or Sku 590-4000-055072 for 72-inch wide. The ivory layers were also mixed, every other layer with added Peach w/Gold Enhanced Sparkle Tulle Sku 590-9000-054054
- Panty or “knicker” fabric used was 100% nylon Heavy Powernet SKU 560-0693-114036. The powernet was custom-dyed in our shop to match the color created by mixing the nets and tulles.
- Adult Standard Classical Tutu Panty Pattern by Claudia Folts SKU 220-1330-000001
- Swarovski 20ss and 30ss Light Peach, AB Light Rose, and AB Crystal rhinestones, both hot fix and flat-back glue on.
- All trims for this tutu were made by cutting and piecing from several different beaded laces. To do this, we bought quarter-yard pieces of three laces, and a 1.25-yard piece for the base of the plate. This larger piece was flat-lined to a piece of tutu net for stability. Go to Specialty Lace Embroidered Organzas to see all of the current beaded laces that we have in stock.
- To add in the bits of gold embellishing the plate, we recommend this trim, which can be easily cut into smaller pieces and mixed in with the laces. SKU 340-0048-097021
JUMP TO NAVIGATION