Complete your tutu, dress, skirt, or other costume with a custom bodice. This Ballet Bodice Two Class offers your choice of several very different style and complexity selections, with options for creating both woven-fabric and stretch-fabric bodices, as well as our newest “hybrid technique.” Project choices include 6, 8, 9, 10,12, and 16-piece design choices, plus a peasant-style. Fabric choices include bengaline, brocade, spandex, stretch velvet, and our gorgeous, new stretch taffetas and brocades.
Bodice Two is a continuation of Bodice One, adding more stitching techniques, including corded seams, nude inset and overlay techniques, attaching boning to both linings and seam allowances, using seam allowances to create bone casings for a corseted style look, and choices between invisible closures, double-row bar closures, or lace-up closures. We will discuss each type of closure so you can make an educated choice as to what closure will work best for your specific needs. We prefer that you complete Bodice One before taking Bodice Two, unless you have made corseted bodices before, using proper flatlining techniques.
Bodice Pattern Guide:
- Adult 6-piece European-style bodice, with a point at the center front waistline and a low, rounded back.
- Adult 8-piece European-style bodice, with a point at the center front waistline and a medium-low, rounded back.
- Adult 9-piece, Russian-style camisole bodice, longline, bottom edge sits at top layer of net on a classical tutu. Back is medium-;low, tapered. This bodice was made for stretch fabric.
- Adult 10-piece European-style bodice, with a point at the center front waistline and a medium, straight back (we use this bodice in class to teach how to make changes to the back of a pattern)
- Adult 12-piece Russian-style bodice, longline, bottom edge sits at top layer of net on a classical tutu. Back is medium-low, tapered.
- Adult 12-piece Classical-style bodice, longline with points both front and back that sit out over the top layer of as classical tutu. Back is medium-low, rounded.
- Adult 16-piece, Russian-style bodice, longline, bottom edge sits at top layer of net on a classical tutu. With or without petaled bottom edge. Back is medium-low, tapered.
- Adult 8-piece, Peasant-style bodice, has shoulders and set-in sleeves, or sleeves on a separate under-vest. Back is medium-low, rounded.
- Child’s 6-piece European-style bodice, with a point at the center front waistline, and a medium-low, back.
- Child’s 8-piece European-style bodice, with a point at the center front waistline, and a medium-low, back.
- Child’s 16-piece Russian-style bodice, longline, bottom edge sits at top layer of net on a classical tutu. With or without petaled bottom edge. Back is medium-low, tapered.
- Fort Worth, TX - May 17-22, 2019
- Charlotte, NC - July 18-28, 2019
- Huntington Beach, CA - September 13-18, 2019
Tutu.com Course Project Kits are available for those attending TutuSchool. Cost for these kits INCLUDES the class, the teacher, and all fabrics and notions. To learn more, please visit TUTUSCHOOLS.
Course Kit Payment Options:
We offer two payment choices: 1. Pay in full when you register and receive a 10% discount on your classes, OR 2. Choose to pay a 50% course/kit deposit and our billing department will arrange auto-pay for the balance on 4/1 for TX, 6/1 for NC & 8/1 for CA. If you decide to pay your balance sooner, please call during office hours and we'd be happy to process final payment. Please note, if you add options with additional cost to the base kit price those fees will be added to your cart and paid with your first payment/deposit. Deposits are non-refundable, however a TutuSchools credit, less 10%, will be granted for use within one year at any of our seminar locations when requested more than 30 days in advance of your seminar. If you must drop out within 30 days of the class date, no credit will be issued.
For more information, visit our Orders & Returns Page
Our minimum domestic shipping charge is $9.00 for priority, $23.00 for express envelope and $36 for express box. Base International shipping charges are Canada: $40.00 USD - Hong Kong, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany: $45.00 USD - All other countries: $50.00 USD. If your base-rate/minimum shipping charge does not cover the cost to ship your order, we will bill additional shipping charges when your order is ready to ship.
For hooped classical tutus and other items that must be shipped in over-sized boxes, costs can run between $30-$60 in the continental U.S., more in some places. Occasionally, it is less expensive to ship Express rather than Priority. We will always research what is the least expensive way to safely ship your items. We will also insure costumes for their full value. This will add to the cost, but not too much. All custom costumes are shipped with signature required when delivered. This is for your protection.
If you require a shipping cost estimate prior to placing your order, please call us Toll Free US & Canada +1-877-888-8266 - International +1-704-519-4771 from 10 am to 5 pm EST and we will be happy to estimate your shipping charges.
If you are ordering something small that can be sent in an envelope, like one sample card, the difference between the postage and the automatic minimum shipping charge will be refunded.
TRACKING & INSURANCE
Unless otherwise requested, orders shipped within the US, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and most US Territories and Military addresses, are sent via USPS Domestic Priority Mail (2-4 day) with Delivery Confirmation. You will receive an email with your package's tracking number so that you may track your package. The USPS provides $50 insurance on Domestic Priority mail and $100 on Domestic Express Mail. If your order cost is higher, we will automatically insure it for the total. There is an extra charge when we do this, but it is minimal.
We strive to ship in-stock items within two Business Days after we receive your order. (This does not include custom-made items, like tutus and other costumes, which require a lead time and are shipped when completed. Also, orders which include fabric-cuts or custom-dying may require an additional time, but we will always let you know how long it will take.)
For destinations outside the United States, orders are sent via USPS Priority International (six to ten days) or USPS Express Mail International (three-five days). Express Mail International is faster than Priority Mail International, provides much better tracking information, and may pass through your country's Customs quicker. Delivery times are dependent on your destination country and on your local postal and Customs services. Customs delays are not the responsibility of Tutu.Com. Our shipping rates do not include any Customs Charges that may be imposed by your country's Customs regulations.
Tutu.com Size Charts | PDF
It contains size charts for all Tutu.com products; ballet tutus, bodices, dresses and patterns combined in one PDF file (14 pages).
Individual Size Charts | PDF
- Tutu.com Classical & Bell Tutu Size Chart
- Claudia Folts Dress & Skirt Size Chart
- Claudia Folts Bodice Size Chart
- Claudia Folts Dance Pants & Trunks Size Chart
- Claudia Folts Child Bodice & Panty Size Chart
- Jeremy Bernardoni Men’s Size Chart
- Jeremy Bernardoni Children Size Chart
Tutu.com Pattern Listing | PDF
Panty & bodice pattern size charts with detailed information and measurements.
Custom Measurement Worksheets
Recently Viewed Products
JUMP TO NAVIGATION